Thursday, October 6, 2011

How To Pull Off A Wedding in 10 Days - Day 2

You guys are fantastic cheerleaders. Seriously, I love reading your comments and I can hear you cheering us on from afar. You're probably busting out the spirit fingers too. Take a picture and send it to me; I would love to see your spirit fingers.

Well, yesterday was a reality check, my friends. The to-do list got a little longer, we each became a bit more fatigued and not one of my three dresses has actually shipped from the warehouse. Darn you, Dillard's!!

But in the midst of all this reality, two of the most amazing, most stupendous, most generous people entered our lives: wedding planners.They are friends of my mom's and they run a wedding planning business together. And they have offered their services to us as a gift. A GIFT! Can you even believe it? It blows my mind. And they came just in the nick of time because I was one to-do list away from ending up on COPS.

Here's the latest:
  • Claire's dress, shoes and gloves arrived yesterday. The dress was beautiful and the shoes were drool-worthy. However, they were not quite the look Claire was going for in an evening wedding. She was a bit disappointed but she still has a back-up dress available at David's and she has ordered three more from J.Crew that will arrive tomorrow. And I am pretty sure I am going to have to go on blood pressure medicine. (Here is a picture of the dress that DID NOT work. Notice the killer shoes.):





  • The apartment they had hoped to rent is actually not going to work for them. They are on the hunt for another one, wanting to avoid having me as their roommate. Awkward.
  • I have found that when you combine fatigue, out-of-control hormones and stress with my charming personality you have a recipe for a crazed lunatic. This lunatic only comes out at night and can often be seen in stretchy pants.
  • The flowers, although I thought had been ordered, are actually, in fact, not ordered. But here is where the glorious wedding planners enter the picture. Claire, mom, Carr and I sat down with one of them last night and she promptly went through a check-list and said she could take care of all of it. ALL. OF. IT. The jewels in her crown just got bigger.
  • They have decided upon carrot cake. They could have decided upon a tractor tire just as long as it is covered in cream cheese frosting.
  • There is an ongoing debate on whether or not tuxedos should be mandatory. I am voting yes because the last thing we need is for a groomsman to show up in a polo and cargo shorts.
  • I need to go shoe shopping. How ever will I survive?
  • I just spoke with Claire and she has had three cups of coffee already. We need to get that girl a nap. Pronto.
  • I have a pimple. Awesome.
  • Boys do absolutely nothing when it comes to wedding planning. NOTHING. My dad and brother are living it up right now.
Day 2 down, 8 to go. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. My poor sister. I don't mean to drive you insane with my wedding. I love you.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl in that picture needs to eat a piece of carrot cake. Please make sure y'all save one for her. That's all I really have to say right now. I'm praying for y'all!

    Oh, and maybe y'all should think about sending the Rymer men to the Dillard's warehouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting and absolutely crazy!! Love it! Enjoy every minute(literally)!

    ReplyDelete