My three dresses finally arrived yesterday afternoon and I had just enough time to try them on before the florist appointment. Much to my dismay and perhaps the beginning of an ulcer, I determined that none of them would work. None. As in the designers forgot that I have hips.
So it was off to the mall(s) to find the perfect MOH dress. We searched high and low but I am happy to report that I found it! And it is beautiful. The top half is white and the bottom is black. I know I may sound like an Oreo, but trust me, it is divine. And Claire said it was okay if part of it was white. I was really happy to hear this because I was quickly losing steam. And since I will be the only attendant standing up there with her, I want to feel good in what I am wearing without having to wear three pairs of Spanx.
And speaking of which, I am completely certain that Spanx are the best invention ever created next to the salted caramel mocha. I am pretty sure the Spanx people knew that too.
Here are some other highlights from our day:
- Claire and Carr found an apartment! Awkwardness avoided.
- We met with the florist yesterday. She made flowers sound like they were priceless works of art. And although I was only half-way listening, I am pretty sure ranunculas are going to be involved and I do love ranunculas.
- Claire found her shoes. They are fabulous and sparkly and perfect for Claire.
- The lovebirds have booked their mini-moon for a long weekend. I would tell you where they are going but we all know that Claire secretly works for the CIA and I don't want to get on their bad side.
- They registered at Target but found out just this morning that their registry didn't save correctly and all that is left in it is a humidifier. Wonderful for sleeping, unfortunate for dinner guests.
- Noah is going to be the "ring boy," as he calls it. I am pretty sure he is going to rock it.
- There will be dancing at the reception dinner on Friday. And when it comes to dancing, my dad is as smooth as butter. Case in point:
- Programs have been created and Claire and my mom are buying the paper today. I love nice paper. Is that weird?
- I just realized I have to give a speech. I wonder if I could make it a musical number as well.
- My mom, sister and I are power shoppers. When we get in the zone, a lot can be accomplished...and purchased.
- It is starting to look more like wedding week around here. Even the animals are getting into it.
Thank you again for your encouragement and cheerleading. Seriously, you all are tops!