Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How To Pull Off A Wedding in 10 Days - Day 1

Okay, things are rolling, peeps. It is amazing how much can happen in a 48-hour time period, especially when that is 1/5 of your time to plan a wedding.

Yesterday was Day 1 and here is what has happened so far:
  • Claire has ordered a dress and it should arrive today. And oh my word, I am really excited to see it. She ordered it from the Anthropologie Wedding line called BHLDN. Super cute, super vintagy, and super Claire.
  • They have reserved the chapel at the University of Denver for 7:00 pm. Since she is an alumna, she got a sweet discount. And it is perfect for a small wedding ceremony.


  • She has picked out her flowers.
  • She has booked a photographer.
  • Her hair appointment is scheduled.
  • A personal shower is in the works.
  • They found an apartment, the only one-bedroom apartment left in the complex that they wanted. This is a huge relief  because it was going to get mighty cozy in our condo.
  • My brother is playing the guitar for the ceremony.
  • I am going to buy a new pair of Spanx.
  • They have reserved a private room in a restaurant with a dance floor.
  • We both have cried everyday.
  • I now realize I have to give back her salad spinner.
Things are shaping up! It becomes obvious more each day that this is exactly how it was supposed to happen. Now all we need is a cake and one of my three dresses to arrive and we will be set!

5 comments:

  1. I smell a book in y'alls future on how to pull of the most fabulous wedding on limited time. LOVE it...y'all are wedding rockstars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, could you buy me a pair of Spanx too? And a corset?

    thanks. I love you. And I may even give you my salad spinner.

    Love,

    The Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Just caught up . . . my word. Sara's right, you are wedding rockstars! Can't wait to see how it all unfolds. And aren't you getting ready to go to India or something? I may have a salad spinner you can have if the Bride doesn't get a second one soon.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a fabulous MOH! It sounds like you have the details all wrapped up. Let me know if you want to be my neighbor! :) H

    ReplyDelete