But let me tell you what's not normal: staples in the head. There is nothing normal about that at all. I wish I could tell you that I didn't get a little lightheaded when I saw his battle wound, but that would be a lie. I did get woozy but that just confirmed my decision to never enter into a medical profession. I have saved many lives by that decision.
So here are the latest wedding stats, my friends:
- Claire is somehow managing to stay upright most of the time. I consider this a small victory.
- Her three dresses from J.Crew arrived and she vetoed all of them. SO...that leaves us with the dress from David's Bridal. I just called and purchased it, she has a hem alteration appointment tomorrow and it should be ready by Thursday evening, with a steam clean included. Can we all say "CLOSE CALL!?"
- They are still in the hunt for an apartment. I am now considering staying with my parents so they can make our condo a little love nest until they get their own place. I am trying to avoid an awkward roommate situation. I'll keep you posted on this.
- The great tux debate of 2011 came out victorious (for the girls, anyway) and all the boys have already or are currently being fitted for tuxes. Noah included, staples and all.
- A personal shower with her bridesmaids has been set for Tuesday evening.
- She is finalizing her flowers today at 3:30.
- A make-up artist will arrive at my parent's house on Friday to do our make-up. I am really excited about this one! And I am busting out the false eyelashes.
- A mani/pedi appointment has been scheduled for my mom, Claire and I for Thursday afternoon. Can you believe I have never had a manicure? It probably has something to do with the fact that I have no fingernails. I am hoping to grow them out in the next 5 days. However, I bite my nails when I am stressed so I am thinking I need to put a band aid on each one until then. Typing may be difficult, but sacrifices must be made, people.
- My dresses have supposedly shipped. I am not nervous yet but I may do a little looking at Nordstrom today just in case.
- My mom found her outfit last night and it is DY-NO-MITE. Seriously, so gorgeous! We just walked into Dillard's and found everything she needed. It was awesome.
- Claire and Carr are having their first pre-marital counseling session today. I love this.
- The wedding planners are like angels from heaven who take care of everything we forget and then some.
- It snowed last night. I am not ready for snow.
- I am currently watching OU beat the snot out of Texas. Things are looking up, people!