Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm Gonna Need More Spandex

Okay my friends, it's confession time: my Spanx are not quite doing the job anymore. And I am fairly certain this has something to do with the fact that I ate two desserts everyday in Ireland and that I like to eat monster cookies for dinner.

It's bad, people, real bad.

So, as much as I loathe the thought, it is time to get back in the game. It's time to spend some time on my treadmill from Hades, lift some weights at the gym and even bust out the P90X when I am in the mood for torture. And it is time to stop labeling kettle corn as a vegetable.

However, I also know that I have to find a balance between being a slave to the work-out and being a slave to baked goods. It is a fine line, peeps, a very fine line.

I thought I would never, ever, ever say this, but I am proposing a Fitness Challenge...of sorts. Nothing crazy like the last one I did, but something that will keep me motivated and accountable. Because let's face it, I need accountability otherwise I may start using my treadmill as a coat closet.

Besides, I have a feeling I am going to need to get a bridesmaids dress in the near future and I do want to look stunning. Or at least like I am not trying to smuggle couch cushions under my dress.

Here is my proposal to myself:
  • Cardio (get the heart rate up and my tush off the couch): 30 minutes/5 days per week

  • Weight lifting: (get toned, ripped, sculpted or at least able to do one guy push-up): 2 times per week

  • Eat healthy (as in green things and lean meats): 6 days per week

  • Cheat day (as in ANYTHING you want to eat): 1 day per week.


I don't think this is too crazy. I actually think it is normal and somehow I went off the deep end and thought walking to/from my car at work constituted as a work-out. And I don't want it to take over my life, I just want it to enhance the life I have. I know I will feel better. And I know I will once again have faith in the almighty Spanx.

So you are invited to join me! And you can make your fitness challenge look any way you want it to look. You don't have to do cardio 5 days a week. Shoot, you don't even have to do it at all! And if you love yoga, zumba, pilates, that is awesome! And don't worry, you don't have to weigh in and tell everyone. I am not into making nightmares a reality.

Or maybe you are already a fitness rockstar and don't even own a pair of Spanx. What a strange and beautiful world you must live in. But I would love to hear what works for you or work-outs you love.

I will blog about my progress periodically, spandex and all. And I would love to hear from you on what you are doing, how you are feeling, what you are eating or how much you hate me after week 3.


5 comments:

  1. I had this same conversation with myself recently. As in, after school starts and there is some schedule back in my life, I need to get back in the game. Exercise and eating halfway healthy... you know the drill.

    So I am already with you, girlfriend. :-) And I may have to make orange chocolate chip scones to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel,
    It's like we were separated at birth. And now I want scones too. :) Good luck chica!! So glad we can do this together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading... cheering... joining... : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I will make plans to join you when my doctor enforced couch potato time ends. In the meantime, I'll just think about exercising. That has to count for something. Oh! When did kettle corn move off the vegetable list?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may as well join the party. It's about time to get off the couch and realize the world beyond it. Wedding dress motivation V Procrastination. Who will be the victor??? (........Hopefully me!)

    ReplyDelete