Monday, August 15, 2011

La La Land

I am in that place. You know, La La Land. The place where your brain feels both heavy and light, where your eyes are bleary, your speech is a little slow and your arms seem to move in slow motion. If I hadn't flown across the ocean yesterday I would be calling a neurologist, or perhaps my brother to make some sweet YouTube videos, but I know it is just the effects of a little thing called jet lag. And when you combine that with a vacation hangover, you've got me.

I am currently catching up on Hulu, wearing yoga pants while eating peanut butter out of a jar. Attractive, no? I don't have any groceries, and even if I did, I have zero desire to cook.

And I am in serious withdrawal from scones with cream. Or perhaps it was more like cream with a side of scone. Whichever.

My day at work started out very productive as I read through all 138 emails that awaited me. But come 2:00 p.m., I found myself staring at emails that I had begun but had no idea how to finish (I am sorry if I sent you an email today that lacked any kind of intelligence). I am sure this has something to do with the fact that I woke up at 4:00 a.m. raring (I had originally written "rearing") to go even though I had no idea where I was. That is such a weird way to wake up.

But on the up side, it is beautiful outside. And it is still summer. And my mom is making me dinner.

And I have an Ambien.

Life is good...even in La La Land.

3 comments:

  1. "Rearing" to go? Oh my, Sarah, that may be the funniest thing you've ever written!!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Hilarious, Shelley!! At least I have jet lag to blame. I think I'll make that correction...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that - waking up at 4am not knowing where you are and rearing to go - describes jet lag perfectly! No one's ever been able to do that before. You nailed it! (I'm still laughing...)

    ReplyDelete