Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Murphy's

One of my favorite little shops in Ireland was a place called Murphy's.


They specialize in ice cream and hot chocolate.



Um...yes, please. I'll have nine.



They have ice cream flavors such as reduced balsamic syrup, caramelized brown bread, Irish creme, and black currant sorbet. My favorite was sea salt. It could have been the best ice cream in the history of the world. And believe me, I was a history major in college so I totally know what I am talking about.


Since it was raining and cold, I tried the Aztec Hot Chocolate. It was liquid heaven. The ingredients were simple: dark chocolate, steamed milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and chili powder. If they would have had a vat of this stuff I would have brought a ladle.

You think I'm kidding? Think again, sister.



I would really love to open up a Murphy's store of my own. Even though I have no idea how to run a business nor do I have anything that even remotely resembles start-up money (Hello! I just spent it on a $7.00 cup of hot chocolate!), I do know what ice cream and hot chocolate should taste like. And the world needs more of these two things.

Who's with me? I'll pay you in various forms of cream and sugar.

3 comments:

  1. Surely between the two of us we could *raise* the money required to start such a worthy endeavor. Add "Littleton" and "Hyderabad" to the list on that big blue wall.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make it a companion used book store/reading room and I am TOTALLY on board; we could offer counseling ala carte :) Have so loved following your travels, Sarah - had a youthful foray to Ireland myself at 19 and boy, does this bring back memories. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am TOTALLY in. ALL THE WAY. We could set it up in our apartment as long as people don't mind me in my pajamas.

    Love,
    Megamind.

    ReplyDelete