Thursday, August 19, 2010

Clinging to Summer...and My Sanity.

Confession: I think I may start pouting. And maybe cry a little. I may even flail my arms. That's right, flail. And do you know why? It's because I am not finished with summer. Not one little bit.


When I was little and didn't get my way, I would hold my breath and pass out. The first time it happened, my mom nearly had a heart attack. The second time I did it, she rolled her eyes and continued with what she was doing. Apparently it didn't have the effect I wanted it to.


Regardless, I almost feel like holding my breath right now in protest of the changing seasons. It might not be the most mature thing to do but I bet it would add a little excitement to my work day. Or get me fired. Whichever.


The problem is that I am not a huge fan of autumn because it means we are only three short months from winter which is the furthest you can get from summer. And as glorious as Colorado is, I just do not enjoy only four hours of daylight each day and the rain/snow/slush/sunshine/wind/bitterly cold mix that comes with it.


I am a summer girl who lives in a state that only has three months of it. What is this world coming to?


Apparently I am going to kick and scream into September. Stand back people, and try not to be overwhelmed by my oh-so rational behavior.


Besides, sweaters and pumpkins are highly overrated.



9 comments:

  1. I am kicking and screaming right there with ya sister! I love you and I love summer!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN and AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! I'm not ready for the cold weather yet either! :( At least we'll have football to help pass the time till the snow melts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I have no sympathy for you people at all - I suppose the best thing would be for us to switch states... because it is stinking 106 degrees right now in Oklahoma and THAT puts me in no mood. No mood at all. And the fact that we have had such ungodly temperatures for TOO long now just makes me one very grumpy girl. So pardon me if I am ready for football season and gorgeous leaves and back-to-school and LOWER TEMPERATURES. I am very ready and this whole topic obviously gets me pretty emotional so I'll just leave you with....
    please back off the pumpkin. I heart pumpkin. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! You're quite the photographer! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Kel...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry some crazy lady must have hijacked my computer and went postal talking about summer. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it. But if you diss pumpkin again, she may be back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. replica bags aaa quality hermes fake p1e94b2m89 replica bags wholesale hong kong her latest blog e6y73r6b26 buy replica bags replica bags hong kong check this a3z67d3n35 louis vuitton fake replica bags joy

    ReplyDelete