Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Am Practically An Olympian

You are never going to believe this...

Do you remember the STUPID INTERNATIONAL FITNESS CHALLENGE OF DEATH?

Of course you do. I am sure I mentioned it once or twice.

And I may have complained a little.

Or a lot. Whatever.

And I may have cursed every cookie I ever ate.

And I may have loathed the concept of ever participating in group fitness challenges that require weigh-ins and actually working out.

Perhaps I muttered under my breath every time I lunged, lifted, crunched, sprinted (oh, who I am kidding, I don't sprint), jogged, punched, pushed and collapsed.

And maybe, just maybe, I disowned my treadmill and everything it represents.

So okay. I am not a fan of forced exercise. Big deal.

But guess what I just found out? Guess whose team won the ENTIRE STINKIN' CHALLENGE??

Mine.

Can you believe it, people? I can't. I have no idea how it happened. Well, that's a lie. I do know how it happened. It's called "I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING TEAM IN THE WORLD." That's how it happened. And they both literally and figuratively pulled my weight. They are my new best friends.

You have just witnessed a minor miracle, my friends. I think I am going to put this on my resume.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! Your hard work paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and your team! Woohoo! This calls for some cookie dough... :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sarah! This is excellent. Admirable. Commendable. Way to go, you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I am impressed! Did you win a good prize?

    ReplyDelete