Friday, June 11, 2010

Recipe Round-Up: White Chocolate Blueberry Tart

Catch-up #3: Blueberries


I just cannot get enough blueberries these days. It is almost ridiculous how much I love them. So, after being inspired by my good friend Shelley and having been given a new recipe from my office chum Nadine, I am here to show you the world's simplest, most delectable, blueberry tart!

You must make this immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

Are you ready? Let's do this.

Here is what you need:


Blueberries (naturally), Graham Cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, sour cream, white chocolate and cream cheese. Oh yes, and a tart pan.
SIDE NOTE: What is the difference between cream cheese and neufchatel cheese? Anyone?
SIDE NOTE #2: I got that tart pan off my birthday registry. I love it. And I love registries. You should get one.

So, let's start with the crust. Throw in some graham crackers...


Add some butter...only the heart-clogging kind will do.

Add a bit of sugar, sweet cheeks.


Mix those up...



And throw it into your brand-spankin' new tart pan.
Or it can be an old tart pan.


Make sure you press it up the sides. I like to use a measuring cup because I am resourceful like that.You can copy me, that's cool.



Lovely.
Now, pop that sucker into the refrigerator and let it get cold and delicious.

 

Next up: melt some white chocolate.


Just like that.

 

And throw a block of neufchatel/cream cheese/heaven into a bowl...


And beat the tar out of it until it is light and fluffy.


Then, add the chocolate and stare at it for a while.


Now, here is where I get a bit crazy. Are you ready? I zested a small lemon and squeezed its juice into the mix. I love lemons and blueberries together! Go ahead, give it a whirl.


And then I add a bit of sour cream.


And mix it all together.
Now, stick your finger in it and taste. I guarantee your eyes will roll back in your head and you will wish you could bathe in the stuff.



Next, grab your crust out of the fridge...



And pour the filling into the crust.


Spread it around and try not to drool.

 

I need a bib.


Next up are the stars of the show: blueberries.



Aren't they scrumptious?


Cover that sucker with as many as you want.



Just keep piling them on.



Mound them up. Go ahead, mound.


And when you're done, you will have a beautiful, simple, delectable white chocolate blueberry tart!

My brother, who usually doesn't give a flip about desserts (obviously I was adopted) ate two pieces of this last night. TWO PIECES. Of course, I ate the rest but I was extremely impressed with his efforts.

Oh, I kid. I am, after all, still hump-deep into the STUPID INTERNATIONAL FITNESS CHALLENGE OF DEATH and eating entire desserts is not on the menu. See why I loathe this thing?

So, here is the recipe. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try this; it is perfect for dinner parties, BBQ's or evenings at home by yourself.

White Chocolate Blueberry Tart:
CRUST:
6 Tbsp melted butter
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp sugar

FILLING:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
4 ounces white chocolate, melted
1/4 cup sour cream
lemon zest and lemon juice (optional but SO WORTH IT)

TOPPING:
2 cups blueberries

Directions: Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press into a 8- or 9-inch tart pan, making sure to press it onto the sides of pan. Set in refrigerator.

For filling, melt white chocolate in small saucepan over low heat. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with mixer until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate, lemon zest, lemon juice and sour cream. Mix thoroughly. Pour into cooled tart shell and spread evenly. Add blueberries. Chill until served.

Enjoy your weekend, my friends!





3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I never realized graham cracker crust was that easy to make! You have changed me life Sarah!! This looks delish and officially on my list of things to try ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This does look good and simple! I'll email you my torte recipe to add to your repertoire.

    In the U.S. there is little difference between cream cheese and American Neufchatel with the latter being a bit creamier and a little lower in fat than cream cheese. In Europe, where you get the real stuff from Neufchatel, France, it's a lot richer with a higher fat content. (And somehow the French manage to keep slim -- GO FIGURE!) So no matter which one you used here in the good ole U.S, we can declare it low-fat in honor of the Int'l Fitness Challenge. LOL!

    And I bet you could incorporate some beloved cinnamon in this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I went shopping before I read the recipe. Dang it. Now I need to get back to the store and by graham cracker goodness and a lemon. Otherwise I think I have everything else. And of course Shelley is correct. Here, in the States, Neufchatel generally has 1/3 the fat of regular cream cheese.

    You are amazing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete