Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Daddio

I am a pretty big fan of this guy:



Pretty DARN big.

And today is his 60th birthday. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. And since this is half of my gene pool, there is hope that I could look this good at 60 too.

If you have not met my dad, here are 10 things you should know about him:

1. He is the definition of chivalrous.

2. He is hilariously funny.

3. He is great with kids, including children, grandchildren, cousins, first cousins once-removed, second cousins, neighborhood kids and random strangers.

4. He works harder than anyone I know.

5. He bought me a horse when I had no idea what I was doing.

6. He is creative, thoughtful, innovative and brilliant.

7. He loves Westerns, a good book and an afternoon nap.

8. He gave me my dark hair and my love for all things chocolate

9. He is in love with my mom and completely devoted to his family.

10. And he loves his God most of all.

Happy Birthday, Daddio. I couldn't ask for a better one.

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 29, 2010

    What she said. :)

    Love you,
    Clairedoodle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri CarterJune 29, 2010

    I love you to infinity as well!! Happy Birthday BOBO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 29, 2010

    Yep, you have one of the best dads ever!! What a huge mainstay of your life. Happy birthday, daddio!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 29, 2010

    He is a totally narley dude!!:)

    ReplyDelete