Friday, June 25, 2010

Picture Happy

So the other day my darling, adorable, ornery-as-heck nephew asked if he could borrow my camera to take a few pictures.  My first instinct was "ARE YOU NUTS?" This was the same beloved camera that almost didn't make my Middle East trip. This was the same camera that made the guy in short brown shorts perform a minor miracle in order for me to have it ONE HOUR before I left for the airport. And this is the camera that I spent my life savings on to purchase.

Side note: that really doesn't say  much for my life savings...or for the concept of "saving" for that matter.

But then I realized that it would be kind of fun to see things from his perspective. Plus, we strapped that puppy on as best as possible to make sure it didn't fall off. And I figured that I would bill his dad if anything should happen to it.

He was tentative at first, not quite sure how to fit his tiny hands around the big camera. But then he started taking pictures faster than I could change poses. And he took pictures of everything. By the end of the evening, he had taken over 200 pictures!

Oh blessed technology. Could you imagine if we still used film? I would be forced to garnish his allowance.

Here is a sampling for you:




















I love that kid. He makes me smile, a lot. And it is always fun to see what the back of someone's head looks like.



And on that note, Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 25, 2010

    I seriously need to work on my eyebrows.

    Also, how cute and avant-garde are these pictures?! Love that kid.

    -Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. noah has got some talent!!! i really liked the camelback one the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete