Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Four Very Non-Important Things

After reading this post, your life will never be the same. Or, perhaps you will just wish for your five minutes back. Either way, I am here for you.

1. Today is our office Fare Share and guess what the theme is??!! (You might want to sit down). Are you ready for this? It is DESSERTS ONLY! Yes, we are re-packing on the pounds and slipping into diabetic comas all in the name of community and fellowship. I cannot wait, my friends! CANNOT WAIT!

And for my dessert, I took a peek at PW's dessert list and made a chocolate peanut butter pie. Let's take a moment to think about that: CHOCOLATE. PEANUT BUTTER. PIE. The crust is made out of Oreos and butter and the filling is made out of cream cheese, cool whip, peanut butter and powdered sugar.

Angels are singing. Can you hear them? I am pretty sure I am experiencing a part of heaven at this very moment.

This delicious recipe will follow tomorrow so you may want to run out and get those ingredients right now.

2. You may have noticed the change in my blog design or stumbled across the bloggerific mess that it was yesterday. See, in my head, I can envision a blog that is both funky and classic combined with a little bit of international flair and a touch of honky tonk...you know, just like me. Yet this design eludes me. It could be because I have absolutely zero graphic design skills. Or basic blogger skills.

Or any skills, for that matter.

But seriously, I do not know how to change out my template without having to fix the margins and expand the what-not and change the color of the doo-dad and clickity-click on the whizzbang. Ugh. If you know how to do all of that, please give me a holler because even though I like my background template at the moment, the actual writing space is becoming more narrow by the second and pretty soon I'll only be able to type

one
word
at
a
time.

Tedious,
right?

Thanks for your patience and perseverance.

3. Tonight, my friends, I am going to Film on the Rocks with my good friend Sara and I am oh-so very excited about it. And guess what they are playing? Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Oh, this is so very appropriate in my world because just this weekend I was hanging out with my bro, reminiscing about how he made it into National Honor Society because our sponsor happened to feel sorry for him.

Did you get that? It had zero to do with merit, academic achievement or any type of sucking up. It was because she felt sorry for him and felt he should be an honorary member, regardless of his achievements.

I, on the other hand, busted my buns to be apart of this so-called prestigious group, even being its vice president my senior year, all the while hoping it would provide me with a much-deserved scholarship to an Ivy League school. Life is full of disappointments and this was one of them.

So, needless to say, tonight should bring back a lot of memories. I have all of Jeannie's lines memorized and together we can lament about our "golden child" older brothers and pray that one day a bit of that charisma and charm will rub off on us.

And who can beat a summer night at Red Rocks or Charlie Sheen before he became icky?

4. Lastly, I am once again road-trip bound to the great state of Oklahoma for a fun-filled family gathering of epic proportions. And when I say "epic," I mean EPIC. Do you know how much homemade ice cream is required for my 38,319 cousins? And do you realize that we double the size of the town when my family decides to get together? Elvis himself has even made an appearance in what could be the weirdest 4th of July picnic in the history of small-town America. Let's hope that doesn't happen again, but if it does, you can guarantee you will hear about it.

Now, with that being said, stay tuned for a Trivia Question-o-Fun that will be posted on Friday. And as always, I will bring the winner an irreplaceable Oklahoma treasure that you can only find at your local Walmart.

You can hardly wait, right?

Enjoy the sunshine, peeps!

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 30, 2010

    I heart you. And not just cause you're my seester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that pie before and it is MIGHTY fine. This may be the fare share to end all fare shares...y'all have been deprived of such things as PW's pies for so long!!! :)

    ReplyDelete