I know that may sound crazy but I am pretty sure my heart needed it. That, or my hormones were raging out of control and I had temporarily lost my mind.
But either way, it was pretty great.
Let me give you a run-down of the evening:
- We played games with a fair amount of cheating involved
- We tried on multiple pairs of shoes, all varying shades of pink and purple and ranging from flip flops to snow boots
- We walked six blocks to the park with a wagon, a baby buggy, a fake baby, four water bottles, two blankets, two kids and two adults and we only stayed for 20 minutes
- We ate Chinese food, chicken nuggets, fruit salad and York peppermint patties for dinner
- We washed faces, washed hands, changed diapers and fished lo mein noodles out of crevices
- We sang songs, read books and snuggled
- And I got the privilege of having the little one fall asleep on me and he was completely squishy and wonderful and hot and sweaty and perfect.
And at the end of the night, I needed to go home and sleep in my bed, uninterrupted.
So I guess if I couldn't have been on a hot date at Maggiano's, followed by salsa dancing and a walk on the beach (hey, a girl can dream, can't she?), this was a pretty stellar way to spend a Saturday night.