Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF

Holy cow, I am pretty darn happy that it is Friday!

It is my favorite day of the week because there is so much potential for the next two and half days. Truly, the possibilities are endless! And if I even do one exciting thing this weekend, it will be better than what I experienced last weekend.

So, to round out the week, I have a couple things to cover with you...all four of you.

First, the recipe will be posted on Saturday because I had Women's Group tonight, which was wonderful and fun and so great seeing everyone (except for Heather, who we missed greatly); and I also had to workout for an hour because of the STUPID INTERNATIONAL FITNESS CHALLENGE OF DEATH.

That's its new name. And that's right, it is stupid. After nearly three weeks, I am no longer a fan of this so-called self-improvement campaign.  Sure, I am getting healthier and I have once again bonded with my treadmill, but my desire to stick my head in cookie dough only intensifies with every pump of the iron and the siren call of the couch is only getting louder. It misses me. A lot. And I hate disappointing anyone, let alone my couch.

So, between Women's Group and an hour of torture, I plumb ran out of time to post the recipe.  But fear not, it is coming, so check back in on Saturday.

Second, I really want to see Date Night. Have any of you seen it? Did you like it? Did you laugh your head off? Is it worth the $38 you have to pay to see a movie these days? My thought is that it couldn't be anything but funny. I heart Steve Carrell. I am currently watching The Office as I type this and there isn't anyone on the PLANET that is as awkward as him. I mean, it is painful. But it is a good pain, a really good pain.

Some people say working out is a good pain but they lied. Whoever these people are should have to do 20 lunges with me RIGHT NOW. Or, better yet, I will watch them do it from the comfort of my couch.

And third, I am so proud of my Sam Bradford for being #1 in the draft. Aw, my little Sooner is all grown up!

Lastly, I would just like to say that God is good. Sometimes we don't see Him working, but He is. He is always working. And I have to trust that. So yes, God is good and I love when He reminds me of it and I hate that He has to.


Happy Friday my friends. You all are the absolute best.

6 comments:

  1. God is SO good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we have similar sentiments about working out. Although I act on mine (or don't) and you're actually putting in the time, and the pain, so good for you, Sarah!! Good luck in the stupid international fitness challenge of death :)

    Mandy <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Date Night was funny. Not a fall-down, laugh-a-minute hoot, but definitely funny. Carrell and Fey are great comics. Script was average. But it's worth seeing. I'd recommend a matinee over the $38 they charge these days! How about Death at a Funeral? Anyone seen that? Was going to go this afternoon till the blizzard rolled in.

    Looking forward to a new recipe. I made the pesto spinach salad 3 times last week!
    - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you're in my life. You and your randomicity and our mutual love of excercise and cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to see that movie too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto Sheryl - love your randomicity! And need I mention cookie dough?? Love ya, babe!

    ReplyDelete