So, here are my top ten in a complete random-type order:
1. New Girl - I loved this show last year. It is so weird and quirky and Schmidt could be one of the funniest characters on TV right now.
2. Parks and Recreation - I adore this show for so many reasons, but mostly I love it for Ron Swanson. His mustache alone should have it's own place in television history. Between him, Andy, April and Tom, I very rarely stop laughing. And having Paul Rudd guest star last year was perfection.
3. Modern Family - Phil Dunphy. Need I say more?
4. Revenge - This is my guilty pleasure, for sure. The plot is crazy, the characters are devious and I am always blown away by Emily/Amanda's self-control and ninja-like skills. I cannot wait to see what Season 2 has in store! Let's just hope that Victoria Grayson didn't blow up in the plane, the television world needs more of her.
5. Parenthood - Big kudos to NBC for starting this show early. It is so nice to watch new episodes of one of my favorites before the end of September. I love this show because it is as real as a TV show can be without being a reality series (not that reality TV is all that real, unless you are on an episode of COPS). This hour of television always leaves me wanting more but a little afraid of what might happen next to the Braverman family.
6. Revolution - This is a new show this season and I am already loving the premise of it being in a post-technology America. (After four days on a cruise ship without my cell phone, I am totally in favor of shutting things off every once in a while.) This show reminds me of The Hunger Games, and since I am a big fan of that series, here's hoping that this show will be around for a while.
8. Castle - This show remains one of my favorites because Rick Castle is so darn charming. And now that that he and Kate Beckett have found each other's lips, this next season is bound to be entertaining.
9. Psych - This show could be the most underrated show on TV. It is pure genius and I implore everyone out there to watch all 6 seasons before season 7 starts in October. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! ("You heard about Pluto? That's messed up!")
10. Go On - Because I really want Chandler Bing to do well.
As you can see, I am a big fan of ditching reality for a while and becoming totally absorbed in make-believe! There is nothing I love more than to curl up with
So, what are your favorites this season?