Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Top Ten: Fall TV Shows of 2012

After months of finding nothing on television except for the Kardashians and the Olympics, I am super excited for Fall TV! Not only am I looking forward to returning shows, but some of the new ones hold a lot of promise. Of course nothing will ever come close to Seinfeld or Tim Riggins Friday Night Lights, but I do appreciate a valiant effort.

So, here are my top ten in a complete random-type order:

1. New Girl - I loved this show last year. It is so weird and quirky and Schmidt could be one of the funniest characters on TV right now.

2. Parks and Recreation - I adore this show for so many reasons, but mostly I love it for Ron Swanson. His mustache alone should have it's own place in television history. Between him, Andy, April and Tom, I very rarely stop laughing. And having Paul Rudd guest star last year was perfection.



3. Modern Family - Phil Dunphy. Need I say more?

4. Revenge - This is my guilty pleasure, for sure. The plot is crazy, the characters are devious and I am always blown away by Emily/Amanda's self-control and ninja-like skills. I cannot wait to see what Season 2 has in store! Let's just hope that Victoria Grayson didn't blow up in the plane, the television world needs more of her.

5. Parenthood - Big kudos to NBC for starting this show early. It is so nice to watch new episodes of one of my favorites before the end of September. I love this show because it is as real as a TV show can be without being a reality series (not that reality TV is all that real, unless you are on an episode of COPS). This hour of television always leaves me wanting more but a little afraid of what might happen next to the Braverman family.

6. Revolution - This is a new show this season and I am already loving the premise of it being in a post-technology America. (After four days on a cruise ship without my cell phone, I am totally in favor of shutting things off every once in a while.) This show reminds me of The Hunger Games, and since I am a big fan of that series, here's hoping that this show will be around for a while.

7. Smash - Oh, musical theater, you are like a long-lost friend! I loved the first season of this show because of the amazing singing and dancing. Of course the plot was pretty entertaining as well, but we all know we watch musical theater because of the music. I am tentatively looking forward to the second season just because I am unsure of where the story will go from here, but as long as Katharine McPhee keeps singing, it will be great!


8. Castle - This show remains one of my favorites because Rick Castle is so darn charming. And now that that he and Kate Beckett have found each other's lips, this next season is bound to be entertaining.

9. Psych - This show could be the most underrated show on TV. It is pure genius and I implore everyone out there to watch all 6 seasons before season 7 starts in October. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! ("You heard about Pluto? That's messed up!")



10. Go On - Because I really want Chandler Bing to do well.

As you can see, I am a big fan of ditching reality for a while and becoming totally absorbed in make-believe! There is nothing I love more than to curl up with a dozen two pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, tuning out then tuning in.

So, what are your favorites this season?

8 comments:

  1. Modern Family, Parks and Rec, Parenthood, HIMYM always top my list of must see shows! I too hope that Chandler does well!!!

    Gah did you see Parenthood last night? EMOTIONAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOTALLY EMOTIONAL!!! That show gets me every time.

      Delete
  2. We all love Chandler Bing. And Parenthood is the best!

    My alternate universe is one in which I still live with Sydney and Vaughn fighting SD-6 on Alias. So sad. Covert Affairs is marginally filling the void.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covert Affairs is a pretty great, but I agree, Alias is much better!

      Delete
  3. YES. Smash, Parks & Rec, Go On, New Girl. Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Looks like I need to add a few to my list this season! Also, where's the link for those cookies? I'm sure you've posted them, I just can't find it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Alyssa, I tried typing in the link but it didn't highlight so if you go to the Recipes tab on the top of the blog, you will find them under "Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies."

      Let me know if you have trouble. And I will warn you: they are so addicting!! :)

      Delete
  4. investigate this site see post browse this site check these guys out check my source imp source

    ReplyDelete