Monday, September 24, 2012

I Went Hiking

I went hiking this weekend and I didn't totally hate it.

I know, right!? It's like I don't even recognize myself anymore. One minute I am online dating and the next I am actually hiking.

The next thing we know I may just strap on a helmet and rock climb. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Yesterday, mom, Sam, Noah, Chuggy, the newest canine member of our family, and I spent the day in Alamosa with my dad. After a stop at McDonald's in Pueblo to get Noah a coke and some bacon, we arrived in time to eat an early lunch and head out for our hike. We drove to a nearby hiking trail where we hiked up to Zapata Falls. It was beautiful and peaceful and wet.





The colors are in full bloom in the Sangre de Cristos.


The adventurers.


 Neon is so in this season.



The 'rents.


The eldest sibling.



Proof that I actually hiked.



No swimming? No problem.


This kid is an expert. He told me that he doesn't need to stop and rest like the rest of us. He proved this by running up the trail. Show off.



Chuggy the Wonder Dog. She is like a large, black bear. She took up the entire back end of Sam's jeep.

I love her.


The hike to the actual falls was treacherous. Sam and Noah did it twice. I did it once and consider it a huge accomplishment. I am trying to be more brave in the outdoorsy world.





The top fall is 30 feet tall and the second is around 5 feet. This picture does not accurately capture it.
Oh, and it is very wet.



And here we are.

None of us fell in.

Total success.




1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I am so proud of you for strapping on those hiking boots! I am glad you had some picture proof though. ;)

    ReplyDelete