In one week, I will be on a big, big boat floating in the Caribbean. My friend Tara and I have wanted to take a trip for years and finally this is the year we are doing it!
(Here we are few years ago when I had bangs the first time):
We found a HUMDINGER of a deal on Caribbean cruises and I received a buy one/get one airline ticket offer so this very well could be the cheapest vacation in history. When frugality and palm trees collide, wonderful things happen.
I am not sure how much I will blog next week. I may be too tired from all the lounging and buffeting to write. However, here are some things that I can already predict from this trip:
1. I will not have my hair braided. First, braided bangs look ridiculous on anyone over the age of six. Secondly, in no way do I resemble Bo Derek. No need to put that visual in anyone's mind.
2. I will want to learn to play the steel drums and may bring home a set, just like Michael Scott from The Office.
3. Instead of tanning, I will freckle. I am okay with this.
4. I will over pack. Again, I am okay with this.
5. I plan on dancing as much as humanly possible. There is a salsa club on the boat and I have a feeling they have never seen an Irish girl dance like she is part Latina. I am pretty sure I will blow their minds.
6. I am going to eat a lot of pineapple.
7. I plan on napping regularly.
8. I will try to look as nautical as possible without overdoing it. My goal is to not be one horizontal stripe away from looking like the Cruise Director.
9. I may use a pseudonym and a fake accent if the situation warrants it. I always knew my theater days would come in handy.
10. I really want to try my hand at Bingo.
I will keep you posted on other predictions as the week progresses. Until then, happiest of Mondays to you!