Monday, February 14, 2011

I LOVE Love

Happy Valentine's Day, my friends! How are you spending this love-filled day?

Are you currently making your way through a heart-shaped box of truffles?

Is your nose buried in a big vase of red roses?

Are you swooning and sighing as you read through a note from a secret admirer?

Are you at your desk working on grant proposals, wishing your latest hottie crush would come barging through the office door carrying pink peonies, dark chocolate and a grande carmel macchiato and say something like "I can't live without you for one more second"?

I bet you can't guess which one I am doing.

Actually, I love this day. I know some of my other single friends would rather stay under the covers all day long and curse every boyfriend they have ever had, but not me. I fully embrace this day, singlehood and all.

SIDE NOTE: I do have a Valentine. I call him "Daddio." He is wonderful. And he buys me dinner. And pink roses. He's practically a professional at this. I applaud his efforts and welcome them anytime.

In honor of this oh-so girly and mushy and over-marketed holiday, my sister and I had a little "I LOVE love" party. It was everything a Valentine party should be: filled with chocolate and a few fabulous friends.






Chocolate-covered strawberries, homemade kettle corn, dark chocolate peanut butter cookies.

A Valentine's Day trinity.



My new favorite chocolate cake recipe with fudgy cream cheese frosting.

Um, yes please.



I am tempted to send this to my crush. Or chuck it at his head.

Maybe he will get the message.


To drink: sparkling raspberry lemonade.

And pink roses from my Valentine.



I hope your day is full of people just like these.


Much love,
The FC


3 comments:

  1. What a fun group of friends! Sorry I missed out on the fun. Yay for love!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party!!! OK, I have to admit, after you started posting pictures of the chocolate, I didn't read any more words.... and I'm pretty sure there is drool on my keyboard. Maybe a new one will have to be my Valentine's day gift? :S

    Love and sloppy kisses from all 6 of us <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I am so so sad I missed this! Can I please still be invited next year? I promise I'll come.

    ReplyDelete