She's back! It everyone's favorite Aunt Margie Sue!
This morning while we were sitting around chatting, I asked my aunt Marge what her top ten dating tips would be for a girl such as myself (READ: SINGLE). And since she and her handsome husband have been married for over 50 years, I figured she knew a thing or two about how to pick 'em...and keep 'em.
Are you ready for this?
Here you go, in no particular order:
10. Make a list of all the qualities that you want in a guy and rank the qualities. Put it in a place that you see often.
9. Don't set your goals too high that they can't be reached. "Men are human and they will never be perfect."
8. When you are in a relationship, you need to give 100%. If you give your all, he will give his all. You can't do it halfway.
7. You can never change a guy. You can only change yourself. "If you change yourself, you will realize he looks different to you...he looks more perfect."
6. Be a girl. Let him do things for you. Let him buy you dinner, let him take charge of the date.
5. When it is the right guy, you will know very soon into the relationship. "I knew I would marry Larry before he ever asked me out on our first date."
4. Be on time, don't make them wait for you to get ready.
3. Cooking is the way to a man's heart.
2. Save the "ooh la la" for marriage. "Keep the honey in the pot, if you know what I mean."
1. Guys like to feel like they are doing a great job. "The more praise you give them the more they will like you. It's just how it is."
Right after she finished this list Larry walked through the door and Marge said: "Oh Larry. You did such a good job getting the chicken ready for dinner tonight. Thank you so much, honey." Larry beamed.
And then she winked at me.
Margie Sue has still got it.