Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Twisted Sisters Weekend - Part 2

Considering most of you will read this on March 17th:

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Holy cow, I love St. Patrick's Day. I hope you are wearing green, people, because if you aren't, then you are just plum unpatriotic. PLUM.

I also love this day because I know that my dear Grandpa has his Irish flag o' flyin'! It's a ritual with him. It's pretty awesome. And he has the coolest outfit to go with it. Let's just say that pointy shoes have been known to be involved.

I have been thinking of wearing my "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" pin. But since the only places I need to go are work (everyone is taken) and the grocery store (everyone is creepy), I think I will just leave it at home.

But who knows? Some tall, dark and handsome fella could totally show up on my doorstep and I could run and put it on and we could get married.

So yes, yes I will leave the pin at home. I will be better prepared that way.

Okay, enough of that, let's get on to the second part of our Twisted Sisters Weekend! I call the subtitle of this posting "How Spinach Crab Dip Totally Changed My Life."

However, I do not have any pictures of the crab dip. We ate it really fast. But let's just say that it was life-changing and I could inhale that stuff EVERY SINGLE DAY. And I don't even like seafood.

Now this town, this town I could get used to. I love it.




There is something magnificent about this bridge.


And this place, this place I adore...

Don't you love this moment? It's that moment you first catch a glimpse of the ocean. Sublime.


Hello Pacific. I have missed you so.




The sea spray on my lens makes us look all hazy and glowy.
And it makes my hair look like a rock star.


Bathing Beauties.
Side note: Whose kid is that running down the beach and where are the parents? There are Great Whites out there.



Isn't she stunning?


Apparently I am perplexed. I am not sure why...
Side note: Holy Moses, I have a lot of freckles.


Claire's itty bitty feet.


Soaking it all up.


Looking for buried treasure. We came up short.


Very white Irish girls trying to get a tan...not very promising.


Nice perch.


So, as you can see, the Twisted Sisters Weekend trip was a roaring success. ROARING. I can't wait to do it again!

Happy St. Patty's Day to all of you out there! I hope it is everything you want it to be.

And according to Dwight Schrute: "St. Patrick's Day is the closest that the Irish will ever get to Christmas."

-Sarah O'Dellio

5 comments:

  1. Wearin' of the green is what I'll be doon tomorrah in keepin' with yer wee wishes. And because I'm plum patriotic.
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm loving the green accents to the blog! lovely indeed! and lovin the pictures from your trip - ahhh the ocean. i do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the blog background. I think you should keep the "I'm so Lucky" emblem up all the time - because, really, aren't you so lucky at everything??
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. Let's go back, seester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's another thumb up for the background - not to mention the great pics of the ocean. Glad you had fun, glad you are back safe, glad to be Irish today!!!
    BTW I think you could keep the pin in your car, that way you can grab it faster... you know... just in case....
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete