Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Life Well-Lived

I have an uncle who met Jesus face-to-face yesterday.

I cannot even fathom that encounter. I wonder if there was dancing involved or perhaps some singing. Maybe he jumped up and down or fell at His feet. Or maybe he just stood still, soaking Him up.

But I do know that he was whole and healed and welcomed with rejoicing.

My uncle was strong and brave, kind and sincere, humble and gentle, and fought so very hard to leave this earth well. He loved his family with every fiber of his being and he loved His Lord with every breath that he took.

A life well-lived indeed.

That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared for those who love him."

~ 1 Corinthians 2:9

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Sarah. I'm so sorry. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your family's loss. You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your uncle was a great man. Sad to hear of your loss but I rejoice with you in thinking about him meeting Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love what you wrote about my dear sweet daddy!!! Thank you for your kind words!! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, sweet cousin. I only wish I could have been there for his celebration. Praying and praying for all of you...

      Delete