Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Wednesday Off

I woke up today thinking that I should definitely stay in bed until noon or somewhere around then.

 And I thought I absolutely must have a salted caramel mocha and watch "The Holiday" or something great and girly like that.

I also thought I should bake a lot of yummy things that include the words "pumpkin" and "chocolate" and "cookies." It's just that time, you know?

And I was certain that a nap or two would have to be in my immediate future, as in immediately.

That's what you do when Wednesdays roll around and the sky is cloudy and there is a coolness in the air. It's like the weather is screaming "Get back into bed, you poor girl!! You work too hard. You deserve to paint your toenails deep purple and have complete control over the remote. And besides, don't you have some catching up on Hulu to do, anyway?? Go ahead, go back to sleep. Wednesdays are made for sleeping."

Don't you hear it? I am pretty sure it is still screaming that at this very moment!

I love when the weather speaks to me. In the winter, it mostly tells me to sleep. In the summer, it begs me to eat more frozen yogurt. We so get each other.

But instead, I crawled out of bed, washed my hair and managed to put mascara on both of my eyes. It's just part of being an adult. A boring, responsible adult.

A boring, responsible, but EMPLOYED adult.

It is so completely overrated.

Except on payday.

I hope your Wednesday is full of salted caramel mochas! Go on, you deserve one.

4 comments:

  1. I am right there with you! I sooo want to just curl up in bed and stay home tomorrow. Here's to salted carmel mochas!! -Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your imaginary day sounds amazing. I would love to have joined in it with you. Let me know when you really take a day off and I'll send the little one to grandma's for the day.
    rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironically enough, yesterday's weather prompted me to stop at Starbucks on my way back to work after lunch. And in honor of Tricia, I had my very first salted caramel mocha. EVER. It was YUM!! I've obviously been missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the bliss, my friend! On days like that I usually crawl out of bed, throw some breakfast on Sarah's tray, and fall back asleep to the tune of "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street." An hour later I wake up to my poor child wearing every pair of socks I own, holding a book up to me saying, "Mommy, book!Oh, the bliss!: ) - Tirzah

    ReplyDelete