Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Can you even believe that it is Labor Day Weekend? Where in the world did summer go? This always happens to me; I blink and summer is over.

I know for most of you the thought of cooler weather makes you want to throw on a turtleneck and bust out the pumpkin lattes. I get this because you probably have felt like you have LITERALLY LIVED ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN for the past 10 weeks. I suppose that is one of the many reasons the good Lord created seasons; He would hate for us to internally combust year-round.

At this moment, I do not have any big plans for the weekend. Oh sure, sleeping in will definitely be on the agenda. And I think the Seester, Mama and I are going to have scones tomorrow morning and pretend we are in Ireland surrounded by ancient castles and listening to the obituaries on the radio. But the Taste of Colorado is getting ready to start and nothing screams "cheat day" like an entire festival dedicated to edible things on sticks. There will also be football. Obviously. And I may lay by the pool since it closes on Monday and sneak in a couple workouts just to keep the momentum going.

Speaking of which, the fitness challenge is well underway and I admit that I am doing great with not eating things like cheese fondue and monster cookies. I am feeling much better. However, I have been a bit lax on the working out part. I blame the small allergen that seems to have flown up my nose and multiplied by the thousands, leaving me a bit sniffly and achy and lethargic. Or perhaps that is also called Mononucleosis. I don't know. But I am trying to figure out how to get both things moving at the same time. I am not sure why this is so difficult to accomplish but apparently it must be like walking and chewing gum.

If you have any thoughts on this, I would highly appreciate it.

So, what are you doing this glorious three-day weekend (and for those of you in far away lands, this glorious two-day weekend)??

Having a cookout?

Making homemade ice cream? If so, please call me.

Going to the mountains?

Hiking? If so, please do not call me.

Riding your bike?

Watching the Sooners beat the snot out of Tulsa?

Having a baby? Wow! That would be eventful!

Whatever it is, I hope it is wonderful and perfect and cool. As in the temperature. And perhaps the vibe as well. Here's a glimpse of the Colorado sky out of my window. Totally blissful.




Live it up, my friends!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic post today! So optimistic. I love all of the things that you are going to do this weekend. Isn't it like heaven to have a day in the low 80's? Me and Bekers are flying solo this weekend so if you are interested in adding a redezvous with us to your list, then you can hit us up. Love you so much!

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel - you make me want to just get out there and accomplish something spectacular! And yes, you are correct in assuming that I am VERY excited about getting some temperatures in the double digits again! Were you thinking of me when you said that about the surface of the sun? Cause I was thinking about me when I read it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have no plans for the weekend. Today we enjoye pancakes for breakfast, cartoons in bed, lunch with friends, naps and church. Now Mike and I sit side-by-side on our laptops. Oh, the romance : )

    Enjoy your weekend! Go Sooners!

    Tirzah

    ReplyDelete