Wednesday, January 19, 2011

That's a Big Sombrero

The other night some wonderful friends of mine, along with my familia, took me out for a belated birthday dinner at my fave Mexican restaurant.

How great are they? I mean, seriously.

And just when we had finished the meal and I was having some quality snuggle time with my buddy Kaiden...















A ginormous sombrero landed on my head.

What are the odds?














And with the sombrero, came a strange Latin man who fed me whipped cream.

I'm not going to lie, it was weird. And when I say weird, I mean EXTREMELY AWKWARD.














However he missed and it went straight up my nose.
Awesome.














All the while, a roaring rendition of "Happy Birthday, cha cha cha" was being sung by a chorus of wait staff. It was musical magic, my friends.

Sweet Kaiden. I think he was in culture shock. I hope he isn't traumatized for life.















And in the end, they brought out heart-shaped sopapillas for everyone.

So just in case you ever want a fabulous birthday dinner, just make sure a sombrero, whipped cream, free sopapillas and a creepy Latino are on hand. I promise you won't be disappointed.

6 comments:

  1. Who loves ya?!

    - The Seester (ole!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those heart shaped soapapillas really rocked. What a fun evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just like when Digger proposed to you at spring training a few years back. Which was more awkward - and hilarious?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Where were you? We are always looking for great Mexican Restaurants! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Latino men always have a thing for you. You know they do. And that was some of the best Mexican I've had in a while. Happy Birthday again!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete