We are half-way through the summer, peeps. Well maybe not technically, but let's be honest, summer will be over the minute everyone goes back to school and fall wardrobes hit the stores. Just the thought of a turtleneck sweater makes me want to gag. And the thought that we are now closer to Labor Day than we are to Memorial Day may cause me to cry. Yes, that's right, cry.
Truly, I love summer and this one has already been a winner. So here are the things I have LOVED about the first half:
1. My WIDE, OPEN schedule. Sometimes I find myself in awe of my own lack of a social calendar. It makes me happy because I am then able to fill it up with spur-of-the-moment activities. This never happens to me.
2. The unbelievably fun and fabulous family golf tournament in which my team BEAT THE HECK out of all the other teams. I try not to gloat.
3. My recent trip to Boulder with my friend Lizz to watch The First Grader. It is an amazing movie about a Kenyan man who went to first grade at the age of 84. It is a limited release (hence why we had to go to Boulder) but I highly recommend finding it.
4. Taking naps after work and waking up to find that it is still daylight outside.
5. Frozen yogurt. Self-serve. Pineapple and coconut. Massive quantities. Bliss.
6. A late-night dinner with my friend Mandy at the Melting Pot. We were the last ones to leave because we had so much catching up to do. And besides, it would have been a crying shame to leave any chocolate behind.
7. The EPIC family talent show in which I sang "Proud Mary" with nine gorgeous back-up dancers and my cousin Kalen pretended he was a horse. We also saw the musical duo of Sam and Noah (with Noah on the drums) a rousing rendition of "Yankee Doodle Dandy" by a few pre-teen cuties and various other musical acts that should make their way to YouTube immediately.
8. My mom's birthday breakfast garden party. I loved the scones, the flowers, the dresses, the sunshine, the coffee, the fruit and the birthday girl. Oh, and Thor. I loved the appearance of Thor. It was perfect in every way.
9. This past Thursday night with my girls. I love them all. And Rachel, who most of you know and love, is really, really awesome. (I'm sorry for the late shout-out, Rach!)
10. Watching a certain couple, who I love and adore, fall in love. More on this in the future, but let's just say that I may be looking for a new roommate soon!
I hope your summer continues to be stupendous! What are some of your faves so far?