Monday, September 30, 2013

The Hand Pie Class

On Saturday night, I got to hang out with some very amazing women. We have all been friends for years, but rarely (as in we have never) get to all hang out together. It was a night full of every wonderful emotion...and pie.

The night was full of pie.

These fabulous women asked your favorite Gourmet Girl to Go to host a hand pie class. So I did what any respectable baker would do: I strapped on my John Deere apron and got to work.

On the Hand Pie Menu:
Salted caramel apple
Brie and berry jam
Chocolate and marshmallow.

But of course, you could mix and match all night long!

As you can see, it was a fairly intense lesson. Hand motions were involved.




There was also laughing. I mean, you can't take hand pies too seriously, people.



And then there was this. I just don't even know.

 


These women quickly got to work and created AMAZING pies!




Here is Tricia mixing the dough.




Others chopped up caramel and unwrapped chocolate.




And two of us sliced apples for the salted caramel apple filling.



Everyone made their own: rolling, cutting, filling, crimping, creating. The kitchen smelled incredible!



And the final result were these adorable, edible hand pies of heaven.




Angels sang above us. I am not even kidding.



 
And these women?

 I had so much fun with these incredible women. It was a night to cherish and savor, in every possible way.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE! Seriously, I have not stopped smiling since Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly was a fabulous evening! Thanks for making it happen, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe I live in Oklahoma and do not own one of those aprons. (Sarah, I think your roots are showing!) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! If I every see one, I'll buy it for you, Kel. :)

      Delete