Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Faves: Spring Beauty Products

For those of use who live in the Denver area, we would do anything for a few days of warmth. These last three days of snow have been brutal on my psyche as well as my hair, because I only go from one full-blast heater to the next.

However, the sun is shining today and the snow is melting and I only wore two layers of clothes instead of three! Things are looking up, people! And on top of that, I had a mango for breakfast, which nothing screams "warm tropical breezes" quite like a mango.

Unless, of course, you were actually experiencing warm, tropical breezes.

To help my mood and my overall appearance, I have found several new beauty items that I am LOVING. Not only am I smelling particularly delicious these days, but I find nothing perks up my spirits quite like a new nail polish color or sugar scrub. I really am a low-maintenance girl.

So, without further ado, here are my top five new spring beauty products. And guess what, you can buy them all at Target.

Naturally.

1. J.R. Watkins Sugar and Shea Body Scrub: Grapefruit
I just discovered J.R. Watkins products last week and I will tell you that I am COMPLETELY HOOKED! They have a variety of products and flavors, but this sugar scrub in grapefruit is amazing. It is perfect for all of us girls who have come out of hibernation and started shaving our legs again. And the shea butter stays on your skin for two days! This stuff is fabulous! I am wanting to buy the lotion next. And it is completely natural, without chemicals or parabens. It's like your skin is eating all-natural, organically grown goodness.




2. OPI Ridge Filler
Confession: I do not have the best nails in the world, they are ridgy and easily split into layers. But this OPI Ridge Filler is fantastic for giving my nails a smooth finish and extra strength. Plus, if you put on two coats, the color comes out a creamy whitish/pink, perfect for a spring manicure. OPI usually runs on the pricier side of nail products but this stuff is worth it! And it can last a long time.




3. GÜD Red Ruby Groovy Natural Body Wash
This is a brand new product from Burt's Bees and I have never smelled anything like it! As you can tell, I love the scent of grapefruit and this has the most refreshing, delicious grapefruit smell ever! It is the perfect thing to wake me up in the morning. A little goes a long way but it leaves you smelling wonderful, without thinking you smell like a fruit salad. And as a bonus, it is also without harsh chemicals or parabens.



4. Cover Girl Natureluxe Gloss Balm with SPF 15
I have actually had this product for a while, but I find that I use this gloss most often when the sun is shining and I am wearing something other than wool. It goes on light but lasts a long time (compared to most glosses and balms) and feels great on your lips! Plus, it doesn't gunk up, making you feel like you have a bug trap on your face. My personal favorite is Cabernet, but they have a plethora of colors from which to choose.
5. Cover Girl Smoothers Concealer
I do not leave home without this little gem. I came across it one day in the grocery store when I looked like I had been run over by a truck and desperately needed something to perk up my face. It is super easy to apply, available in any drug store and only costs about $5. Plus, it will last forever! Because my skin is so fair, it only takes one late night for dark circles to appear under my eyes and this product covers them right up without looking like I have applied spackle to my face. Plus, it gives you a more even skin tone. I, of course, use Fair, but they have five other shades to help compliment your skin tone.


When the sun is nowhere to be found and water is not doing the trick, these are my new go-to products for spring! So, what are some of your favorite products this time of year??


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the recommendations!

    I'm loving the sunshine and blue skies today. As I was driving to the office this AM I thought, "I hate cleaning off the car, but I love this view." If I could only figure out how to work it all together with a beach . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommendations!!! I am very excited about the OPI one. And the body wash! Woo Hoo.

    I'm currently loving Bare Minerals Well Rested. Ooooo my gosh it does wonders for my sleepy morning eyes. I notice such a difference when I wear it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. her latest blog Ysl replica bags find more information designer replica luggage you can try these out replica bags buy online

    ReplyDelete