Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Recipe Round-Up: Peppermint Bark

Just in time for Christmas...


(I do not know what happened, but my step-by-step pictures disappeared! Thankfully, this recipe is simple and always turns out delicious! I know you can do it.)

Peppermint Bark
1 bag of dark chocolate chips
1 bag of white chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 tablespoon shortening
crushed peppermints

Directions:
Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Pour dark chocolate chips into sauce pan and melt on low heat until smooth. Pour dark chocolate onto wax paper and spread. Put cookie sheet in refrigerator until set, about 20 minutes. Melt white chocolate in a sauce pan over low heat. Once melted, add peppermint extract and shortening and stir. Take the the cookie sheet out of the refrigerator and quickly spread melted white chocolate over dark chocolate (offset spatulas work great!). Sprinkle crushed peppermints over melted white chocolate. Put in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes. Once set, break apart and freeze in air-tight container. Enjoy!!

Merry Christmas, peeps!



9 comments:

  1. I can testify: YUM!!!!!!

    Love,
    The Seester

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you manage to move swiftly AND take photos? (I'm impressed.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought about a second career as a food photographer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I opened the blog I saw the header, the title, and the words "Peppermint Bark" from the picture. I thought, "Wouldn't it be great to have a dog named Peppermint so you could have peppermint bark all year?!?!" Sigh. My mind is a strange and terrible place.

    I can't wait to try this. I made cookies and cream bark last week. This seems like a natural progression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we need to have someone take photos of Sarah while she is taking photos of her food.... so we can see how she get such beautiful photos like the opening Peppermint Bark photo... Do you have a photo studio in your kitchen? If so, then I'm not as impressed. However, I'm thinking you are uber creative in your photographing skills and know how to place your food 'just so'. Invite Seester over to photograph you while you photograph your food.... We want the behind the scenes footage, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMMMMM.....Y!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You guys are so very awesome, especially considering I have no idea what I am doing when I take photos of food. No, I don't have a studio in my kitchen, but that is totally on my Christmas list. Rather I have a piece of foam board that I prop up as my back drop and I move my kitchen table as close to the window as possible. And then, without dropping my camera into melted chocolate, I try to take as many pictures as possible (without using a flash) and hope that one or two of them work out. It is a minor miracle that any of it looks good.

    But thank you for your sincere and wonderful compliments. :) You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well mine sure didn't look as pretty as yours but hoping it still tastes yummy! Love you and miss you! Tara

    ReplyDelete