Friday, December 9, 2011

Your Words Matter

I was able to talk to my dad last night. I love when I get to do that. He sounds great, but then again, he always sounds great. He has never once been down or discouraged throughout this trial. Not once. I love his spirit and his faith.

Anyway, I was talking to him and he said "Hey Sarah, my friend Ramon got his card in the mail."

Me:  "Oh dad, that's awesome! Did he say anything?"

Dad:  "He came up to me, with tears in his eyes, and asked if I knew anything about it, if I knew why he had received a card. I didn't say anything but I told him I was glad he got something in the mail. It really meant a lot to him, Sarah."

Me: "I know who sent that card, she is a good friend of mine. This will encourage her because she has been feeling a little sad lately because she lost her mom."

Dad:  Long pause... "Ramon just lost his mom, Sarah. And he is having a hard time. These cards make a difference."

Your words matter, dear friends. They matter more than you know.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Chills. God is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this makes me emotional! How wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete