Friday, December 16, 2011

Top Ten: Favorite Christmas Movies

Christmas is nine days away, people and I have yet to watch a single Christmas movie this year. That is a crying shame, I tell you, A CRYING SHAME. So in honor of this fast-approaching day of celebration, I have listed my favorite Christmas movies in no particular order:

10. White Christmas. Oh, there are so many things to love about this movie. The dancing, Bing's voice, the General, Danny Kaye, the costumes and again, the dancing. I could watch this all-year round.

9. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Clark Griswold has characteristics of my dad, uncle and brother all rolled into one...which can make family reunions slightly awkward but always entertaining!Everything from the squirrel in the tree to the moose-head egg nog cups to the cat wrapped up as a present to Julia Louis-Dreyfus falling down the stairs make this movie one of the funniest movies ever. And cousin Eddie is in rare form. Rare.

8. The Holiday. Two words: Jude Law.




7. The Nativity Story. This movie makes me cry like a baby. It is so beautifully filmed.

6. Elf. I have always been a Will Farrell fan and this is one of my favorite roles. His interaction with James Caan is fantastic. And who doesn't like the four major food groups of candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup?



5. Charlie Brown Christmas. I have this soundtrack memorized and it immediately puts me in the Christmas mood. I love the storyline, Snoopy's dog house decorations, the scrawny Christmas tree and their dancing. It is sublime.

4. Love Actually. This is one of those times when an ensemble cast actually works. The story lines are interwoven perfectly and not one character upstages another. And the love-sick kid is fabulous. I only wish other ensemble cast movies (ahem Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve) could be so well done.

3. Meet Me in St. Louis. I love a good musical (well, naturally because of my musical theater days) and this is one of my faves. Judy Garland is stunning and her kid sister is such an amazing actress. She truly steals the show.

2. A Christmas Story. If there is one Christmas movie that represents Christmas to me it would be this movie. I have watched it every year since it came out and I have the entire thing memorized. The narration of this movie is spot on, the characters are flawless and the leg lamp is magnificent.



1. The Muppet Christmas Carol. I am going to be honest with you: I don't like A Christmas Carol. But when you throw some furry muppets with attitude problems into the mix, then count me in!

So, what are yours? Share away!

4 comments:

  1. So, I just watched your clip from yesterday and that's my new favorite Christmas movie of all time!! And "Elf" and "The Grinch"!

    Mandy <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE White Christmas, The Grinch, Charlie Brown Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, and a Disney movie called Small One. I love Meet me in St. Louis and The Holiday, but for some reason don't specifically relate them to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ones you listed and will add Home Alone to the list! Watched it last night with some friends for the first time in a long time and omg I remembered how great that movie was. :)

    ReplyDelete