Oh friends. There are no words to describe how much I love this upcoming weekend. Well, maybe a few words. This blog post really wouldn't happen otherwise. Lucky you.
I love Memorial Day Weekend! It is the gateway to summer and ushers in hot days, warm nights, my inability to tan and homemade ice cream. It signals slower days and relaxed attire at work. It also means flip flops, which I could live in year-round if it weren't for that pesky stuff called "snow."
My weekend line-up is fairly low key. Here are a few of the expected highlights. Stand back, people:
1. Clean out my closet and take everything that I haven't worn, touched or thought about to Goodwill.
2. Clean out the garage. Take everything I haven't needed, wanted or thought about to Goodwill.
3. Make 3 dozen cupcakes. Some will be lemon with cream cheese frosting and others will be peanut butter cup with peanut butter frosting. Oh man, oh man.
4. Eat homemade ice cream. (Repeat and repeat)
5. Go to a birthday party that entails dodgeball on trampolines and Frisbee golf. I can almost guarantee you that I will suffer an injury of some kind. Stay tuned.
6. Sleep in as late as possible...then take a nap.
7. Yoga. Just because I like to be hip and trendy. And limber.
8. Buy a new t-shirt that screams "I am cute and fun and I love summer."
9. Attend church and sing my heart out.
10. Take my nephew to Nella's, the new frozen yogurt place just down the street. You should totally go too. They have a coconut/pineapple swirl that is TO. DIE. FOR. Maybe I'll see you there!
11. Anything else that pops up! I like to keep my options open.
So, what are your plans?? Are you grilling? Playing some volleyball? Swinging in the hammock? Sipping on something refreshing? Whatever it is, I hope you love every second of it!