Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year of 2010

It is the last day of 2010 and I am sitting in my pajamas watching Hulu. Shocking, I know. I think I will call this the Year of Hulu.

Or the Year of the Blob

Or maybe the Year of the STUPID INTERNATIONAL FITNESS CHALLENGE OF DEATH

Perhaps the Year of the Oreo Ball

The Year of Multiple Trips to Oklahoma, thus Multiple Performances of "OKLAHOMA!"

The Year of Learning to Say No

The Year of Chronicling my Life on the World Wide Web

The Year of Sticking My Head Into Bowls of Cookie Dough

The Year of Being 30 and Not Crying About It

The Year of Learning to Love the Book of Isaiah

The Year of Becoming More of Who I Was Created To Be

The Year the Sooners Actually Win a BCS Bowl Game (to be determined tomorrow night at 6:30 pm)

And the list could go on and on...

So what about you? If you could name your year, what would it be called?

Bring on 2011!

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking---wouldn't it be great if there were an actual Oreo Ball?!?! Everyone could dress in Black and White---with a few exceptions for those who like the seasonal oreos. Everyone would be elegantly dressed and dancing like they knew what they were doing and eating oreo balls. I think someone should do something about this.

    My year? The year of learning to rest . . . the year of surviving things I thought my do me in . . . the year of seeing God come through---again. Just some of my thoughts.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl, I LOVE your idea! We should so plan that. :)
    2010 was a year of traveling and hard work and lots of great times with family and friends. And it was a year of living out the choices (good ones!) and trusting that God would provide and show up. I said in our BSF group that this year God reminded me He has not forgotten about me. He has been so faithful to me!! Can't wait to see what 2011 brings! Hopefully it will start off with a Sooner victory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it was the year of learning through parenthood how much God loves me - when I think of how much I love my little girl, it blows me away to think about how much God loves me. And when I discipline, hold back something from, or smother her with love - it is a reminder of how God works in my life - even when I don't like it he has my best interest in mind.

    ReplyDelete