Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Update

Thank you everyone for your get well wishes! You are the best.

I am happy to let you know that I have now moved on to rice cakes and Gatorade. And I am totally in love with them right now. It's amazing how yesterday's trash can become today's treasure. Or something like that. You know what I mean.

In the last three days I have also re-watched almost all of Season 5 of 24, and Claire graciously rented Eat, Pray, Love and Charlie St. Cloud for me, both of which made me want to travel on a sail boat. Go figure. I am completely caught up on Hulu, which isn't hard right now because everything is a re-run and I have no desire to watch Bridoplasty, the new show about brides getting plastic surgery before their big day. Seriously world? Is this what we have come to?

On another note, I still have not finished my Christmas shopping. I am not worried but I definitely had not factored in a robust round of stomach flu into the equation. However, I love Christmas shopping and last-minute sales are running amuck so it should be fun navigating the crowds in these last three days. Anyone else out there too?

And in other exciting news, my favorite landlord of all time bought us a new dishwasher. And it is amazing. There is nothing like a new kitchen appliance to make your day seem a little brighter. Thank you, oh fabulous landlord-o-mine!

Since I don't know how this post could possibly be more boring, I am now going to go work on grant proposals and savor my rice cake. I hope your day is much more stimulating!

2 comments: