Hello peeps. I hope you had a stellar weekend!
I have decided that this week will have a theme. Oh, I love themes. And the theme for the week: "Top Ten". That's right, the Top Ten of something. This is going to be so great! I love lists. I love categories. I love structure. And I love being random.
So, this week is the Top Ten Movie Lines of All Time. Or at least some of my favorite movie lines. So, here they are IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.
10. "Anybody want a peanut?" ~The Princess Bride
9. "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." ~Say Anything
8. "No, you submit, do you hear? You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you." ~Last of the Mohicans
7. "Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?" ~The Three Amigos
6. "Any guy can sweep any girl off her feet, he just needs the right broom." ~Hitch
5. "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it." ~Braveheart
4. "How is it different? You're just like the rest of them! You think you're different, but you're not, because you're just, you're just really scared! You're really scared to give someone new a go, because you think, you know, they might just be better than you are! Well, you're just pathetic, and you're gutless. You're a gutless wonder! Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias!" ~Strictly Ballroom
3. "Klopek, is that Slavic?" ~The 'Burbs
2. "Earn more sessions by sleaving." ~Roxanne
1. "Yeah and your looks are kind of pretty, when your face isn't screwing it up" ~The Goonies
Now I want to go and watch all of these movies, especially The Burbs. Have you seen it? Oh. My. Gosh. It is so unbelievably great. Go right now and rent it.
And then there is Strictly Ballroom. It makes me want to do the rumba and sing "Time After Time" over and over again. Why can't I do that for a living?
And then there are no words for The Three Amigos. Does it get any funnier? I think not.
So, what are your favorite lines? The possibilities are endless, I tell you. ENDLESS.