This post is like a bucket list, but only with things you want to accomplish in the next 8 months. Speaking of which, how in the world is it May already?! What happened to March?
As I came up with my list, I realized I have so many things that I'd like to do and see. So here are a few in NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
(I'm feeling a little frisky this evening, so I decided to use italics. It gives it flair, don't you think?)
10. Go to a new country. Technically, I have already visited three (Lebanon, Turkey, and Jordan), but I would like to get one more new stamp in my passport. I'm thinking Thailand, Chile, or New Zealand sound pretty great right about now.
9. Play a round of golf. Last summer, I took golf lessons, and over the past year, I have acquired new golf clubs, new shoes, and the ever-essential golf glove, but I have yet to play a round of golf. Me and the driving range are pretty tight, but it's time to venture forth. Hopefully, you won't be behind me out on the golf course...it could take a while.
8. Make bread from scratch. Yeast scares me.
7. Take a road trip. There are SO MANY PLACES in this country that I'd like to go, and a road trip is how I'd like to get there: Yosemite, Chicago, Mt. Rushmore, or even Canada. Does anybody want to go with me, eh?
6. Visit each one of my cousins. All 628 of them. That would mean a trip to Dallas, Fayetteville, St. Louis, Buckhannon, Huntington Beach, Santa Barbara, Baltimore, Shattuck, Tulsa, Medford, Heavener, and some random town in Florida. Seriously, peeps - can't you all relocate to one central place? That would make it much easier on me. Thank you.
5. Take another round of salsa dancing lessons. As I mentioned before, I'm pretty sure I'm part Latina. (BTW, Happy Cinco de Mayo! Felicidades!) Therefore, I was born to dance.
4. Be able to run for thirty minutes without wanting to die. I'm not quite sure if that's possible, but I've heard other people do it. I'm not sure why they do it, but whatever.
3. Be asked out on a hot date. Of course, that would require the nerve of some courageous man, and my ability to speak coherently to the opposite sex. And I would get to wear my red high heels. And eat dessert.
2. Meet Chuck. And hopefully fulfill #3 on my list.
1. Lay on the beach with a good book and no cell phone.
What do you want to do in 2010?