I am on day 8 of work. We had meetings from morning to night through the weekend and a full schedule in the office both last week and this week. I could use a nap and someone to wash my clothes.
Since the majority of my time lately has been professionally preoccupied, I do want to mention a few important things:
1. I am wearing tights today. As in the thicker version of pantyhose. As in at 6:45 this morning I was in a full-on wrestling match with myself to get them on. If you see me, please appreciate the effort and the fact that I burned 588 calories all before the sun was officially up. Thank you.
2. I am now watching The West Wing on Netflix. Yes, 1999 called and wants Martin Sheen back but it is a really great show! It is now my goal to be the press secretary for the president, although I think I would last approximately 30 seconds before I would just start crying at the podium. Reporters have a way of making me very nervous.
3. Next month is Spring. Doesn't that make you happy way down deep?
4. Did anyone watch the Grammy's last night? I didn't, I was too busy laying down and not moving. Even using the remote was too much work. Anyway, I saw a picture of Beyonce in her black and white pantsuit and wanted to know your thoughts on it. I am typically not a pantsuit person because I think they look like onsies for adults, but there was something I loved about it. I don't know, maybe I am in the midst of a fashion identity crisis but she did stand out among all the other sequin-encrusted dresses. Or, maybe I just loved her shoes.Whatever.
5. I am headed to Philadelphia next week for a work trip and my colleague and I are going to take a tour of Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell and a walking tour of the Constitution. Yes, I am nerd. No, I don't care. Long live history majors.
I hope your Monday is full of hot coffee.