Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Few More

Typing with one hand is not my favorite thing in the world but it could be worse. I could have a hook and that really wouldn't be fun for anyone. Poor pirates.

But my elbow is still in tact, although a bit bruised, cracked and swollen. My biggest complaint is not being able to fix my hair. There's nothing quite like an injury to help point out your vanity. The world will just have to embrace my straight, flat hair for the next few weeks.

Thankfully, my coworkers have offered to open a beauty salon in our office. I am thinking of showing up at 7:30 just so I could have a pony tail. Shoot, as long as they don't crimp my hair or give me a big claw for bangs, they can do anything they want! Stay tuned for updates on this experiment.

Since I am a bit slow at typing these days, I thought I would show you a few more pictures from NYC. I know you have been dying to see them.

The Empire State Building:













The Liberty Cruise:


















So beautiful and inspiring. I think there should always be fireworks around her.

The 9/11 Memorial:














This nearly knocked the wind out of me.





And finally, a little Stage Door Pizza:





Despite the gimpy elbow, it was a most perfect trip.

2 comments:

  1. Your pics are great and they are making me long for another trip to NYC. Hope your elbow heals quickly and completely. Sounds awfully painful to have a cracked elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find yourself needing your hair done, I'd be happy to help a sista out until that elbow heals up. And now I'm off to find a snack because every time I look at your NYC pics, I get really hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete