Thursday, February 20, 2014

Spring Fashion Fever

I don't know about you, but I am craving spring. CRAVING. I think it has something to do with the fact that it snowed again last night and the wind has been blowing so hard you would think I still live in Oklahoma.

I am tired of my sweaters. My coat is dead to me. And I am pretty sure that I have a legitimate back injury from shoveling snow.

Dramatic much?

Yes. I am dramatic much because cold weather is the opposite of everything I love. Except when it snows on Christmas. That is awesome. I love that.

Anyway...

As I think about the warmer months ahead, I have found myself gravitating towards a handful of fashion trends. This year seems to be all about feminine prints, flowy details and really colorful jewelry.

And do you know what I say to that? Step aside, turtleneck, your days are numbered.

Here are my current faves:

Maxis: Maxis are the equivalent of the ever-popular muumuu with one key difference: they actually look good. I could wear one everyday. And I adore all the patterns, styles and colors.










































Pastels: Gone are the days of thinking that pastels make you look like walking Easter eggs. These colors have been re-invented to be more vibrant and sophisticated. And there is a color for every skin tone. Bust these out.








Prints: Gotta love them. And they are everywhere right now. I somehow always gravitate towards blue tones but I wouldn't mind a printed dress in every color. Anthropologie is loaded with amazing prints right now. Uh-mazing!

Now, if I only could get someone to donate to my wardrobe fund I may be able to shop there...







Jewelry: I am nuts for accessories. One piece can totally make an outfit. My favorite places to shop for jewelry are Charming Charlie, Francesca's, Target and Banana Republic. Oh, and my sister's jewelry box.






White: classic, feminine, strong and it makes even an Irish girl look tan. Find the shade that looks best on you and you can't go wrong.


 
 











 
 
 
Isn't that hat killer?
 
So, are you craving spring like me? Are you tired of your wool socks and mittens? Or do you secretly wish you lived in the Arctic? I promise I won't judge.
 
March is only nine days away, and even though it is Colorado's snowiest month (sigh), it is also the arrival of spring. My heart, mind and wardrobe are so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment