Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Frozen Joy

For those of you who reside in the Denver area, you have no doubt heard about Little Man Ice Cream. It is a staple around here, boasting the very best ice cream flavors in the entire world. There is always a line out front, even in the winter, and if you decide to get an ice cream fix on a warm night, plan on waiting for 30 minutes.



But oh baby, it is worth it.

On Friday night, Sara and I hit up Little Man after a fabulous dinner at Lola. We were celebrating her birthday and nothing screams "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA!" like free valet parking, Mexican food and ice cream. Preach.




After our amazing dinner of butternut squash queso, pork carnitas and skirt steak enchiladas, we naturally had room for dessert. So off we went to Little Man, where we were both craving the one flavor that we cannot live without. It is the one flavor that they always have available because half of the Denver metro area is addicted to it. It is the crack of frozen culinary world, the drug of choice for calorie counters and couch potatoes alike.

Are you ready for this?

Salted Oreo ice cream.




And it is freaking delicious. I mean, just look at our faces! It is because we are eating frozen joy.

They also have flavors like Fluffernutter, Mexican Chocolate and Orange Dreamsicle. But they bring in new flavors all the time, so you pretty much need to go on a regular basis to try them all.

After an evening of culinary bliss and perfectly warm weather, there is only one thing you can talk about: who is your favorite Kardashian. And ours is Khloé, for so many reasons.

Do you have a favorite Kardashian? Don't worry if you don't. You may not even know who they are and that is perfectly okay. It means you are actually living your life and probably going outside on a regular basis and I doubt you ever say things like "I just can't deal" or "I think I will x-ray my butt."

Or maybe you do. I don't know. (I feel like I have gotten myself into a reality television vortex and cannot get out.)

Do you at least have a favorite ice cream flavor? I bet you do. And I bet it is delicious.

5 comments: