Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Thursday That Feels Like Monday

Is anyone else confused about having a day off in the middle of the week and then going back to your normal routine for only two days before you have a real weekend?

Okay, good, because I thought I forgot to do something over the weekend only to discover that my weekend starts the day after tomorrow. I feel like I am living in the past and the future AT THE SAME TIME.

So, my 4th of July was one of the most low-key in holiday history. I went from one lawn chair to another, eating everything that looked good, watching an assortment of bicyclers, scooterers, runners, walkers, skippers and pedalers all from my very own front yard.

My parent's neighborhood goes all out for this holiday. At 8:00, the day kicked off with a 5K around the neighborhood. Sam, Carr and Noah ran in it and Noah came in 2nd place for kids 15 and under. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? That kid is like Forrest Gump.

That's my brother in the all-red.  Apparently some people like to run for fun. Weirdo.


After the race, came the parade. It was a feast for the eyes as people tried to out-do each other on the patriotic color scheme.




Following the parade, there were relay races, a dog show, a water slide, a cookout, a pie baking contest, swimming races and live music. Frivolity was running amuck. So much so that I had to take a nap.

And then I got up and ate this cake with homemade ice cream.


It was a zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting, otherwise known as my love language. I would say it was a fairly productive day!

For now, however, I must get back to my Monday/Thursday and try to find a way to stay motivated for the second half of my week. I am just glad tomorrow is Tuesday/Friday.

7 comments:

  1. You were missed.... It was the fewest people in our family on this day in history, I believe. We did have a good time, though. We swam, we ate, we played Bunco, we watched lots and lots of fireworks. It was good. Just not the same, ya know? Happy Monday/Thursday to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellie,
      I missed you guys so, so much. It wasn't the same at all.

      Love to you and your flock.

      Delete
  2. YES! This Thursday/Monday Monday/Thursday thing has my motivation level at an all-time low...

    Weird middle o' the week holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am confused by what day it is. All day I've been thinking to myself: "Where am I? What am I doing here?" Ha ha

    Sounds like you did it up right at the neighborhood 4th celebration! Woo Hoo to Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 06, 2012

    Who made that beautiful cake? It looks amazing. Your 4th looks like it was more fun than ours. We should have come over.

    Rach

    ReplyDelete