Yesterday, I worked from home. This migraine continues to linger and my schedule was void of any sort of meeting, gathering, conference or seminar at the office.
Besides, if there is one thing that modern technology has done for the work force it is to allow it to be productive remotely. And by remotely, I mean my couch.
God bless Al Gore for creating the Internet.
As I was sitting there, checking email, sipping coffee and eating cookies for breakfast, I collected a few thoughts that I wanted to share with you:
1. P90X is nuts. I saw an infomercial for it yesterday and once again concluded that Tony Something-or-Other is a little bit on the cray-cray side of life. I once attempted P90X, (or I should actually say, P38X, because I was only able to do it for 38 days), and concluded that it was way too time-consuming for my very busy life. For a brief moment, I was tempted to try it again yesterday, but then I remembered that my left elbow still only functions as eye candy and my ability to tolerate Tony's pep is almost non-existent. But, you have got to give the man props for doing so many pull-ups.
2. Life is better in pajamas.
3. I am in the middle of designing my Gourmet Girl to Go website. It is both exciting and mind-numbing. Exciting, because I can't wait to officially launch it and mind-numbing, because website templates may be the death of me. But I am loving the process of starting my own business. Wowza.
4. Sunshine has the ability to change your outlook on life. For the first time in many days, the temperature rose above freezing yesterday and the sun had a huge role to play in that. I am a summer girl, through and through.
5. Sara's Oatmeal Cinnamon Bliss Bars continue to rock my world. So simple yet so delicious. I had dinner with Sara last night and we both concluded that while cinnamon chips seem to only be a seasonal item, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, dried cranberries or nuts would all be equally amazing in the recipe. The possibilities are endless, really. Basically, the dough is a blank canvas and you are the artist. Go forth, creative ones, and bake!
6. My hair is slightly out of control. And that may have something to do with the fact I haven't washed it since Monday.
7. Kim Kardashian and K-Middy are both due with their babies in July. I am not sure how I feel about this. I really don't think those two should ever be in the same sentence together. But what is even more alarming is that I have opinions about this.
8. When I was younger, I had a horse named Honey. I had a cousin who liked to call her Hiney. We keep things classy in Oklahoma.
9. I am slightly concerned about saving for retirement. I really don't know how to do it. I mean, I am invested at work, but after that, it's like speaking Chinese. I either need to figure this out so I don't live with Claire when I retire or I need to marry rich. I think we all know which is the better choice here.
10. Someone sent me a greeting last week that said: "Happy birthday, Sarah. I hope this year is much better for you than it was for Jesus at your age."
Apparently being 33 is fraught with danger. I think I will avoid Jerusalem this year.
Happy, happy Thursday to you!