Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Seester

I remember the day Claire was born vividly. Sam and I were playing with play-doh in the waiting room while my parents were otherwise occupied. My grandparents were there, both sets, talking and smiling.

At the time, Sam and I didn't know if she was a boy or a girl and we had been arguing over this for the past few months. The outcome was crucial: if she was a boy, I would be doomed as not only the middle child but also as the only girl for the REST OF MY LIFE.

DOOMED, I tell you.

But if she was a girl, everything would be perfectly right with the world because I would have someone to dress up and boss around. Besides, it would be my first victory in sibling rivalry. Ever.

Needless to say, victory was mine.


That was 28 years ago today. And none of our lives have ever been the same.

Happy birthday to my beautiful, brilliant, funky, caring, kind and fabulous sister! You are still fun to dress up and I promise I am working on the bossing. Really, I am.




And I am still so glad I won.


5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 22, 2011

    Thanks, Seester. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 22, 2011

    Happy Birthday my beautiful Clairedoodle!

    Rach (other seester)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday Sarah's Seester!!!! You make her so happy that it makes me extra glad you were born.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 23, 2011

    Congrats to the winner! We're all glad you won otherwise we wouldn't have Claire. Sweet victory!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 02, 2011

    Well, Sarah, it looks like you've talked me into having a fourth child. I was fine with three until I realized that that would make Katie the middle child and the only girl, and after reading your blog, obviously I can't do that to her in good conscience. Thanks for clearing that decision up for me :)

    And Happy Birthday to Claire!

    Mandy <><

    ReplyDelete