I have been submersed in the iPhone world for approximately six days now and I seriously don't know how I lived without this amazing gadget.
Seriously. It is amazing. And you all know me, I barely know how to turn on a microwave let alone wield the power of a hand-held super computer that continues to boggle my mind.
What is also fun is that several of my friends and my big bro also got iPhones this past week. It must be contagious or something. And in the process of trying not to hang up on people with my ginormous cheek, I have discovered some fabulous apps along with their help.
1. Dragon Dictation - there are no words for how cool this is! It allows you to speak into your phone and it types it out for you and then you can send it in a text, email or post it on Facebook. It makes my driving much less scary.
2. Bump - I still don't understand how this works but all you do is bump your phone with another iPhone and they automatically sync with each other and you now have their contact information. Crazy, wicked cool. And also a little creepy, I'm not going to lie.
3. Angry Birds - Who knew a game about pigs, birds and slingshots could be so fun? And addicting? And ridiculous? I have to pace myself with this otherwise I could easily become a hermit. And that really isn't good for my social life.
4. RunPee - Okay peeps, stand back. This app is hilarious and oh-so practical. Have you ever needed to go to the bathroom during a movie? Well this app lets you know exactly the best time to go and then gives you a summary of what you missed. Brilliant.
5. Urbanspoon - If you love food like I do, this is a must-have. It gives you all the restaurants in any given area and gives you the ratings and menus for each. And it sorts it by cost, location and cuisine. It makes me hungry just thinking about it.
Okay, so there are a few of mine. You probably know all about these and think I must have lived under a rock for the past few years. Well you know what? I did. So there.
So, what are some of your favorites? And I'll be honest, I am really trying to only get the free ones. I feel like once I open the flood gates to the $1.99 apps, I will have to declare bankruptcy by Easter.